- Shuffle your collection of Magic: The Gathering cards, and place 120 face-up on the table.
- Shuffle your collection of lands, and place 60 face-up on the table.
- Both players take turns choosing one card each to build a thirty-card deck.
- Players play three games of Magic. The winner of two or more games wins overall.
- Card quality doesn’t matter, since both players are choosing from the same selection.
- Every game is different, since the card pool players can choose from is randomly selected.
- A new dimension of strategy is introduced, since you draft your deck in response to your opponent’s drafts.